Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Reader Response (That's YOU!)

Ok, so summer is coming like a freight train.  All the kids in America are starting to get out of school.  We still have a month left- triple UGH!  I have made the decision to lay off on the homeschool this summer, Praise the Lord!  Yes, my kids desperately need it, but I just can't do it this year.  I need a break from the stress, the fighting, and the weeping and gnashing of teeth.  Not to mention that the kids don't love it either.  HA!

This summer our time in the States will be split between rest and working our rears off (not literally, unfortunately we usually add quite a lot to our rears when we are in the States) raising support.

So, I need to hear from you...

What would you want to hear about if we were speaking to your small group?

Any questions or curiosities that I could answer either here on the blog or when we are speaking to a group?

Finally, while I'm sitting by the neighborhood pool with the kids, trying desperately NOT to think about raising support, do you have any lighthearted, easy, sweet, completely fluff books that you'd recommend?

PLEASE give me your input!!!

5 comments:

Robinson's Round-Up said...

Safe Haven or any Nicholas Spark book. I am going to start Three weeks with my brother and heard it is good.
I would like to know...what do you do with all your time? =)) How do you minister to people who seem unreachable and how can I support you to be able to feel empowered in this?
Can't Wait!!!!
Love!!!
Jenn

Anonymous said...

I always love to hear great stories! Light-hearted funny stories, as well as the more serious stories. It gives me a little glimpse into your life over there. Also, how specifically can we pray for you.
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter by Seth Grahame-Smith is a very easy and fun read. Unholy Night by the same author was also pretty funny.

Isaiah said...

I always want to know how it is different there versus here. Your funny social mistakes are always great stories on your blog so use those. Then make sure you tell me why you need me and my $ (not that I am a hard sell as you already know from past experiences) The power in any story or ask in the WHY.

Great book to read "War and Peace"

Elizabeth said...

Jennie and Christine, thanks for the input!

Isaiah, I've read Anna Karenina. That's enough Tolstoy to last a lifetime! I need fluff literature!

Anonymous said...

We love hearing about life there. :) Just the day to day things that are so different from what we experience. I love hearing the way He works and uses your family. We are looking forward to another Ramsey's date :). When will you be in KY?
Andrea Caudill